Hey guys! They announced the Qualcomm 8c X which is specifically made for these always-connected always on PCs, so obviously last year we saw the 835 being repurposed in these laptops.
Then they made the 850 which was kind of a redefined 835. There’s a little bit better but this time call Tom has completely changed this chip from the ground.
They’ve built it for a laptop. so it is actually 2 times as big and it’s physically larger which means it’s going to be a lot faster obviously.
you’re going to get about 2 times the computer performance. Because it’s about 2 times bigger and there are other things here.
you’re getting like 3.5 times the graphics performance which is awesome.
- They showed a few examples playing like asphalt 9 obviously asphalt’s a little optimized for mobile stuff so it’s not necessarily a fair comparison.
- But obviously, graphics have been improved here so now you can do things like running two 4k displays just from
- This laptop through HDMI, so that’s really useful if you’re in a workplace environment.
- you’re going to be able to connect to multiple monitors and they’ve added a lot of other things too.
They want this to be more like a traditional laptop experience right. so they added support for things like m2 SSDs. Now you can have up to 16 gigabytes of RAM.
But it’s pretty obvious that they are targeting this towards business clients because they always want people to be able to work wherever they need.
- They focused a lot on security they had people from Microsoft and a few other security companies up there just talking about how secure these things actually.
- You can get all your work done on them, so they really want it to be more focused on a traditional laptop experience. so now you can do things like using Cortana and other things that you might find on a premium laptop.
- A laptop that has that kind of thing but it’s going to last for multiple days. Instead of multiple hours. Obviously targeted this as multi-day use in the 8:35 in the 850.
- But this is supposed to be 60% more efficient than those chips as well.so you’re gonna get probably a few days of use out of this and these left ups are technically 5g.
- Ready to write because they’re using a lot of the same new components that 8:55 is using. so if you just throw those radios in there later next year.
- you’re gonna be able to take advantage of these 5g networks pull down a lot of data stream things from the cloud. so that’s gonna be really nice.we’re not actually going to see these laptops until probably early to mid-of this year. definitely keep your eyes out for these laptops. They are definitely coming early.